6 Key Marketing Channels to Promote Your Products
There are many channels you can use to promote your eCommerce store, and each channel may serve a different purpose for your brand. It is important to test the markets and scope out your competitors to develop a refined strategy to your specific category.
- Social Media Marketing (Paid)
- Social Media Marketing is an essential part of your business identity as this allows a company to be able to connect with target audiences and increase brand awareness. The power of these platforms is immense, as logging in to social accounts has evolved into a habitual practice. The top platforms for this category are: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Tiktok, and LinkedIn. Always back your decisions with social media marketing best practices and set up creative tests. The beauty of paid social advertising nowadays is that you can precisely target your audience through adjusting the campaign settings.
- Social Media Marketing (Organic)
- Building and nurturing an organic following will set your business up for long-term success. While you may be tempted to look at likes and follower counts in the early days, we recommend paying attention to the deeper conversations that will help you hone your pitch. Listen, listen, listen. Then later, as your business grows, use your social presence for more activities – such as thought leadership, brand affinity marketing, going viral, user content generation, and social sharing.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC)
- SEM and PPC Advertising is the paid form of Search Engine Optimization. The foundation of this marketing channel is keywords as there is a bidding process for this. Obtaining your target keywords will allow you to be visible on platforms such as Google or Bing when a user is searching for a certain product or service with your keyword. This gives your company the perfect opportunity to serve an ad to a consumer who is already looking for what your offer specifically. To ensure your SEM & PPC Advertising efforts are optimized, target 50% to 70% of your budget towards new leads. It is also valuable to monitor your search query report to clear any unnecessary search queries, this will help negate irrelevant traffic.
- Email Marketing
- Direct contact methods are essential for building an email list. In the Lead Generation process, you will be collecting information from your customers such as their emails and SMS contacts. This provides an avenue to create a loyal customer base. 91% of consumers check their email at least once a day. This is an excellent way to keep your customers in the loop about new developments and promotions. With an effective Email List Building Strategy, this platform can make a significant impact on your sales.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- SEO enhances your visibility on the worldwide web through increasing your rank on search engine pages. With the right efforts, when a user is searching for something related to your line of business, your page will be one of the first ones they will encounter in the results and they are more likely to click on this search suggestion and go through your website. It is said the 33% of clicks go to the first ranking page. The key elements in increasing your SEO are keyword, content, linkbacks from high authority domains, and search engine marketing such as Google Ads.
- Influencer Marketing
- We are currently in the age of the influencers, and this is credited to the vast growth of social media over the previous years. Influencer Marketing is an effective way to get your brand/product across to a niche audience through an influencer who is known for a certain niche. This allows your brand to penetrate the marketing without hard selling as influencers make the advertising process look more human. 74% of people turned to social networks for guidance on purchase decisions from 2014-2016 and this percentage is constantly increasing.