Indiegogo Announces 0% Platform Fees for Restaurants, Local Retailers, Small Businesses
As a veteran Indiegogo Expert Agency, Rainfactory is always keeping up to date with the platform’s newest offerings. Once Indiegogo announced its Local Business Relief Program, we wanted to ensure that these resources are known and widely available.
According to Indiegogo, “Many businesses have already felt a strain due to COVID-19, so from March 18 – April 18, we are waiving our platform fee for the campaigns who have been accepted into our Local Business Relief Program.” To be clear, the credit card processing fees of at least about 2.9% +$0.30 per transaction will still apply.
Rainfactory encourages Restaurants, Workout Studios, Small Retailers, Local Experience Groups, and Other Small Businesses to consider launching a campaign as soon as possible to mitigate the risk associated with quarantines and shelter-in-place policies being enacted in the US and across the globe.
Rainfactory is Here to Help
**Please send your live campaign link to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will list it here for free**
The below is a list of possible Perks to offer as part of your upcoming campaign:
- Gift Cards
- Cooking Lessons
- Virtual Classes
- Invitation to Exclusive Closed-Door Event
- Shipments of Products Once they Become Available
- Video Shout-Outs & Thank-You Notes
- Special Deliveries
- In-Kind Gifts
As a reminder, these are not tax-deductible donations. additionally, the below are not allowable Perks:
- Donations to other companies
- Perks that do not belong to the campaign owner
- Raffles or Contests, or anything involving chance
We encourage you to please Download the Ultimate Crowdfunding Handbook and Launch Checklist for more resources.
We are standing by and can help answer any questions you may have about your upcoming campaign.
FAQ – From Indiegogo
Who qualifies for the Local Relief Business Program?
For all new campaigns preparing to launch:
- The campaign owner must be a small or local business;
- The funds are going to a business entity with a business tax ID; and
What are the steps?
- Click here to create a draft campaign anytime between March 18, 2020 and April 18, 2020
- Select the “Local Business” Category
- Designate a business entity with a business tax ID as the recipient of your funds in the Funding tab in the Create/Edit section.
- This will automatically surface your campaign to be reviewed by Indiegogo’s Trust & Safety Team.
- The Trust & Safety Team will reach out to you within 4 business days of your draft campaign creation to let you know if you have been accepted into the Program or they need more information from you before making a decision.
- Once you have been notified of your acceptance into the Program, you can launch your campaign.
Will all of my fees and other policies be waived if I am accepted into the Program?
Photo by Louis Hansel @shotsoflouis