How to Install the Facebook Pixel on Indiegogo: A 7-Step Guide
Indiegogo has recently released a patch that will restore the normal functionalities of the Facebook Pixel, and reduce any interruptions from Facebook’s new Aggregated Event Measurement (AEM) protocol.
What is the importance of the Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook Pixel allows owners of Indiegogo campaigns to view data regarding their page, this information is critical to be able to optimize ad efforts.
Each domain can now only host a maximum of eight aggregated events, and previously this accommodated thousands of activel Facebook pixels.
Indiegogo has implemented the Facebook Conversions API (CAPI) to authorize campaign owners to access the full functionality of Facebook Ads.
Indiegogo campaign owners will need to provide their domain name and pixel ID to Indiegogo. This will allow Indiegogo to forward over data straight through a secure channel to Facebook. Indiegogo servers will then securely send anonymized event data to Facebook.
Set Up Facebook CAPI For Your Indiegogo Page in 7 Steps
- Verify your website domain on Facebook Business Manager.
- In your Facebook Ad account, create a Facebook Pixel with Conversions API enabled.
- Input your website domain name and Facebook Pixel ID to Indiegogo via the “Extras” tab in the Indiegogo Campaign Editor.
- Enable Facebook Pixel access to Indiegogo through the Facebook Business Manager.
- Configure Events to Use Aggregated Event Measurement through the Facebook Ad account.
- Confirm your tracking! Launch your Indiegogo campaign & Make a test purchase.
- Open the Facebook Events Manager and confirm Indiegogo CAPI is working.
You may refer to Indiegogo’s CAPI Help Center for an in-depth explanation of the process.
Indiegogo released the CAPI solution on July 19, 2021 and will be discontinuing all previous browser pixel integrations starting August 20, 2021.
Need extra support? Reach out to an Indiegogo Expert.